If this is your first time climbing or on a zip line with us–WELCOME! Here is a quick rundown of what to expect when you arrive:
- The first step is making sure you have a complete waiver. There are electronic waivers available at the park, or online in advance–just sign it and it will be available for lookup when you arrive. If you are bringing a group or party with climbers under the age of 18, please have their parents sign the waiver and then have the child bring a copy with them to speed your groups check in.
- Once you’ve got all the waivers completed or collected, you’ll head over to the cashier and purchase the climbing tickets for your group.
- A time will be stamped on your ticket. That time is the last time you will be able to begin a new trail (similar to a ski-lift pass). Regular tickets are for 2 or 3 hour climbing sessions, depending on the park. An additional 30 minutes is added for the orientation period, so if you purchase your 3 hour ticket at 9am, the time-stamp will read 12:30 pm.
- Once you’ve gotten your ticket, you’ll be getting a climbing harness. On the harness will be all the equipment you’ll need to climb!
- From there, you’ll take your harness over to the harnessing area, where a staff member will help you put it on, and make sure it is fitted properly.
- Then, you’re off to the Safety Briefing, where a staff member will lead you through an instructional briefing and demonstration of the climbing equipment and our policies & procedures. The Safety Briefing takes about 10 minutes, and is followed by a brief ‘practice stage’, where you will have the chance to practice with the clips until you feel comfortable. EVERYONE must go through the safety briefing and practice area, even if you’ve climbed here before.
- Now you’re ready! You’ll head up to the starting platform–and start your aerial forest adventure!