We Are Hiring for the 2018 Climbing Season!
Want to work for a proven high performance, high fun, community-involved adventure park company? We have adventure parks across the east coast. Check out our current open position(s).
Here are the open positions for 2018:
Park Manager – Nashville Adventure Park, new park opening in June 2018
The Adventure Parks of Outdoor Venture Group are committed to promoting active enjoyment of the outdoors. Guests are encouraged to challenge themselves and succeed, building self-confidence and gaining lasting memories. The fun physical activities promote good health and encourage camaraderie among peers, family, and friends.
This is an incredible opportunity to join a growing company with lots of flexibility, fun people, great perks- like free climbing, competitive compensation, benefits and bonuses, PTO and much more!
We are looking for someone who sees challenges and rapid growth as an opportunity rather than an obstacle, who wants to help others discover their sense of adventure and is committed to providing exceptional service while ensuring all safety regulations are followed. The ideal candidate enjoys working as part of a team and values training, mentoring and coaching.
The Park Manager oversees all aspects of the parks operation and is ultimately responsible for how all business is conducted in all areas of the park. The Park manager is also responsible for promoting a positive work environment, maintaining the OV culture and providing all employees with the opportunity to succeed, grow and thrive. The Park Manager is also responsible for ensuring the “wow” factor during the entire guest experience. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring cleanliness and organization of the assigned park by overseeing course upkeep, maintenance and repairs
- Overseeing design, implementation and handling of all park projects, programs, and operational duties, including systems operation and infrastructure maintenance;
- Creatively bring and implement innovative ideas, park structures and operation to the assigned park; this involves communicating new ideas up to OV management
- Implement corporate policies and best practices/strategies
- Oversee the safety protocols and procedures to ensure safety for all guests and employees
- Primarily responsible for recruiting, training and properly staffing all areas of park for full operation throughout the entire park season as well as assesses performance on a regular basis
- Accountable for the overall operations of the park ensuring maximum sales and profitability
- Support marketing and sales initiatives by promoting brand awareness, attend off-site events, develop effective marketing strategies, promotions and programs, attend park-launch openings, etc.
- Manage and report all project costs, financial expenses, labor costs, and park goals/growth
- Effectively respond to high-pressure situations, rescues and/or emergency situations that may arise
- Perform other duties and responsibilities to include providing coverage and support to staff in all areas of operations
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of management experience with demonstrated skill in hiring staff, scheduling, and negotiating interpersonal relationships
- Previous demonstrated leadership experience and experience in a supervisory position
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, operations management or a related field
- Ideal candidate will possess natural problem-solving skills and be responsible, quick-thinking with strong business instincts
- Strong ability to multi-task—able to direct and follow through on many projects simultaneously
- Ideal candidate will be a quick and independent learner, able to pick up things on the job and quickly adapt to new situations
- Must have exceptionally strong customer service skills
- Must be able to meet deadlines, take direction, and follow projects through to completion
- Must be a strong and clear communicator, comfortable with public speaking, strong communication skills – both written and verbal
PHYSICAL AND SCHEDULE REQUIREMENTS:
In this position you must be available to work full time year-round with overtime and weekend hours as needed. Peak season for all parks runs from March through November. Candidates must have full schedule availability and flexibility during this season, including weekends and holidays. Managers may work upwards of 60 hours during the peak season.
- All Adventure Parks and offices are in a natural, outdoor, wooded environment. Candidates must be comfortable and willing to work in all seasonal, outdoor weather conditions as operational and management duties may require
- Must be comfortable and willing to climb as necessary
- Able to lift and carry 50lbs
- CPR and First Aid Certification or willingness to obtain certification
- Rescue and climbing skills are highly preferred, but are not required
This is the way to apply for a job at the Adventure Park
Download the 2018 Employment Application and email or mail it in to the park along with a current resume and cover letter. Include in your cover letter your hours/days available for work and position applying, along with contact information for two references (two recent letters also accepted). Send your information to: firstname.lastname@example.org.